We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- JUST RELEASED! Jurisdiction: Defining State Courts' Authority, the report of Pound's 2017 Forum for State Appellate Court Judges. Complimentary copies for judges, academics, courts and Pound Fellows can be request here.
- JUST RELEASED! Rutgers University Law Review Vol. 69, No. 3, containing the academic papers of Pound's 2016 Symposium, The Demise of the Grand Bargain: Compensating Injured Workers in the 21st Century. Complimentary copies for judges, academics, courts and Pound Fellows can be request here.
- STATE APPELLATE JUDGES: Complete this form if you are interested in attending State Court Protection of Individual Constitutional Rights, Pound's 2018 Judges Forum on July 7, 2018 in Denver, CO.
- Video from Pound's May 1 Academic Symposium, Jury Trial and Remedy Guarantees: Fundamental Rights or Paper Tigers, is now available.
- Pound Highlights details the work we've accomplished in 2017.
- The application process is currently closed for the Roscoe Pound Summer Fellowship.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues contribution or upgrade your membership.
- Make your tax-deductible Judges Forum contribution.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated March 8, 2018