We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- Jurisdiction: Defining State Courts' Authority, Pound's 25th annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges, was held in July 2017 in Boston. Details and academic papers are available on the Judges Forum page.
- The Institute’s 2017 Appellate Advocacy Award has been awarded to Paul Bland of Public Justice for his work on Chen v. Allstate Insurance Co., 819 F.3d 1136 (9th Cir. 2016).
- Video from Pound's May 1 Academic Symposium, Jury Trial and Remedy Guarantees: Fundamental Rights or Paper Tigers, is now available.
- Who Will Write Your Rules—Your State Court, or the Federal Judiciary?” The report of Pound’s 24th Annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges is now available. Details on the Judges Forum page.
- Pound's 2016 Academic Symposium, The Demise of the Grand Bargain: Compensating Injured Workers in the 21st Century, was held on September 23, 2016 at Rutgers/Camden. Video, papers, PowerPoints and more information here.
- Emory Law Journal released Vol 65, No. 6, containing the academic research papers from the 2015 Pound/Emory Academic Symposium, The "War" on the U.S. Civil Justice System.
- View Pound's 2016 Annual Report to see what we accomplished last year.
- The application process is now closed for the Roscoe Pound Summer Fellowship.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues contribution or upgrade your membership.
- Make your tax-deductible Judges Forum contribution.
- STATE APPELLATE JUDGES: If you are interested in attending Pound's 2018 Judges Forum on July 7, 2018 in Denver, CO, contact Mary Collishaw.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated July 20, 2017