We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- Academic papers and a research compilation from our July 7, 2018 Judges Forum, State Court Protection of Individual Constitutional Rights, can be accessed on our Judges Forum page.
- The Pound Institute has awarded its 2018 Appellate Advocacy Award to Leslie Brueckner for her distinguished work in T.H. v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. Details on the Award's page.
- Nominations have been received for Pound's Civil Justice Scholarship Award, a new award to recognize the work of legal academics. The Institute will announce a winner later this fall.
- Jurisdiction: Defining State Courts' Authority reports on Pound's 2017 Forum for State Appellate Court Judges. Complimentary copies for judges, academics, courts and Pound Fellows can be request here.
- Pound Highlights details the work we accomplished last year.
- The application process is currently closed for the Roscoe Pound Summer Fellowship.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues contribution or upgrade your membership.
- Make your tax-deductible Judges Forum contribution.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated October 9, 2018