We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- STATE APPELLATE JUDGES: You may now reserve your spot at Pound’s 24th Annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges, which will take place on Saturday, July 23, 2016 in Los Angeles. The topic will be “Who Will Write Your Rules—Your State Court, or the Federal Judiciary?” Details on the Judges Forum page.
- You may view video of and read the academic papers from Pound's October 15, 2015 Academic Symposium with Emory University School of Law, "The 'War' on the U.S. Civil Justice System." The academic papers written for the Symposium will appear in Vol. 65, No. 6 of the Emory Law Journal.
- The Institute awarded its 2015 Appellate Advocacy Award to Professor Samuel Issacharoff of New York University School of Law. Issacharoff accepted his award at the Pound Fellows Reception on July 12, 2015 in Montreal,QC.
- NOW AVAILABLE: "Forced Arbitration and the Fate of the 7th Amendment" - Pound’s report of the 2014 Forum for State Appellate Court Judges. This 172-page report contains the academic papers prepared for the Forum, commentary by legal experts, and frank discussion by attending judges. Digital copies are free, print copies are for purchase. Details on the Judges Forum page.
- BECOME A POUND FELLOW to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners. Pound's categories of membership and monthly payment options make it easy to support the work of the Institute.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues payment online.
Updated November 24, 2015