We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- The Institute is pleased to announce the winner of its 2015 Appellate Advocacy Award: Professor Samuel Issacharoff of New York University School of Law. Issacharoff will accept his award at the Pound Fellows Reception in on July 12, 2015 in Montreal,QC.
- Pound’s 23rd Annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges will be held on Saturday, July 11, 2015 in Montreal, QC. The topic is “Judicial Transparency and the Rule of Law.” Details on the Judges Forum page.
- We are pleased to announce that we will hold an Academic Symposium with Emory University School of Law on October 15, 2015 on the topic of "The 'War' on the Civil Justice System." Registration for attorneys and judges will open soon.
- NOW AVAILABLE: "Forced Arbitration and the Fate of the 7th Amendment" - Pound’s report of the 2014 Forum for State Appellate Court Judges. This 172-page report contains the academic papers prepared for the Forum, commentary by legal experts, and frank discussion by attending judges. Digital copies are free, print copies are for purchase. Details on the Judges Forum page.
- POUND FELLOWS: Want to make your dues payment online? Not a Pound Fellow yet? Pound's categories of membership and monthly payments option make it easy to support the work of the Institute.
Updated March 23, 2015