We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- STATE APPELLATE JUDGES: Save your spot at the 2017 Judges Forum, July 22, 2017 in Boston. Details at the Judges Forum page.
- Pound held its Symposium, The Demise of the Grand Bargain: Compensating Injured Workers in the 21st Century, on September 23, 2016 at Rutgers/Camden. Video, papers, PowerPoints and more information here.
- Emory Law Journal recently released Vol 65, No. 6, containing the academic research papers from the October 2015 Pound/Emory Symposium, The "War" on the U.S. Civil Justice System.
- Pound’s 24th Annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges took place on Saturday, July 23, 2016 in Los Angeles. The topic was “Who Will Write Your Rules—Your State Court, or the Federal Judiciary?” Details on the Judges Forum page.
- Pound's 6th annual Twiggs Memorial Lecture was delivered by Stephen B. Bright of Yale Law and the Southern Center for Human Rights on Sunday, July 24, 2016 in Los Angeles. The topic is "Eliminating Bias in Jury Selection" and will reflect the recent 7-1 decision by the U.S. Supreme Court for his case, Foster v. Chatman.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues payment online.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated September 26, 2016